Dance Gallery Foundation
We need your support!
Your tax-deductible contribution enables us to continue bringing you all of the wonderful performances, open company rehearsals, classes, workshops, and educational programs that we provide year after year.
Dance Gallery Foundation:
- operates the only non-profit center for dance performance and education in Washtenaw County
- enhances the educational and economic quality of life in this region
- supports cultural and ethnic diversity in our community
- provides access to dance for all people
- creates opportunities for youth, aspiring dancers, and professional artists
- produces dance performances of the highest artistic quality
The Peter Sparling Dance Company:
- performs its exciting and diverse repertory throughout Michigan and the Midwest
- conducts free and open-to-the public rehearsal viewings of PSDC works in progress
- is committed to educational outreach, and conducts school and community residencies,
lecture-demonstrations, master classes, and workshops
- dancers have numerous professional credits, advanced degrees and performing
experience both nationally and internationally
- is recognized in the media and through state, corporate, and private support for
quality programs and service to community
Dance Gallery Studio, located in downtown Ann Arbor, is a community center for dance, providing access to dance for all people through:
- low class tuition and scholarship opportunities
- no cost performance opportunities for youth
- dance education programs
- master classes with world-renowned dance companies
- work-study opportunities
- offerings for people of all ages and experience levels
- collaborations with other community organizations such as the University
Musical Society, Ann Arbor School for the Performing Arts, the Ann Arbor
Symphony Orchestra, and Girlstown Foundation.
Please give! If you would like to help the Dance Gallery Foundation continue its mission to maintain the highest artistic standards for the art of dance for aspiring and professional dancers please send your tax-deductible contribution in support of the Dance Gallery Foundation's membership campaign to:
Dance Gallery Foundation/Peter Sparling Dance Company
815 Wildt Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Dance Gallery Studio Scholarship Program
Margot Fonteyn Scholarship:
In 2001, the Margot Fonteyn Scholarship was established by esteemed dance instructor Jens and Nicola Conraths Lange to provide youth with funding to pursue the study of dance at Dance Gallery Studio. The scholarship, named for renowned ballerina Margot Fonteyn, is intended to inspire artistry and love of dance as well as fine technique. Awards are based on technical ability, commitment to dance, and financial need. Now in its second year, the scholarship fund is supported by both private and corporate contributions.
José Limón Scholarship:
In 2003, Dance Gallery Studio began its first ever scholarship program for young men, complimenting the Margot Fonteyn Scholarship for young women. Peter Sparling has generously established the José Limón Scholarship to assist Dance Gallery Studio in developing opportunities for young men to learn and flourish in our repertory program. This scholarship helps to secure a place for young men to study and grow at Dance Gallery Studio.
The Judith Goldberg Memorial Fund for Modern Dance
The Judith Goldberg Memorial Fund for Modern Dance was established through the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation in 1999 to build an endowment for the Dance Gallery Foundation/Peter Sparling Dance Company. This endowment will help build the company by providing a dancer's salary. As an endowment donor, you receive a tax credit (a greater benefit than a tax deduction) for the full amount of the donation. For more information, contact Cheryl Elliot at the Ann Arbor Community Foundation, (734) 663-0401. To contribute, mail your check to:
|The Judith Goldberg Memorial Fund for Modern Dance
|c/o The Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
|201 S. Main St., Suite 801
|Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
Yes, I want to support PSDC and DGS!
1. Become a member or contribute to the Capital Campaign
2. Contribute to the José Limón or Margot Fonteyn Scholarship Program
3. Contribute to our Endowment Fund
"I can't imagine not having had Dance Gallery as part of my life here in Ann Arbor. After a busy day at work (I am a graphic designer) coming into the studio always feels like a refuge. It is overwhelming to think about all the classes, rehearsals, performances and the huge numbers of dancers who have moved in and through this space. The Foundation has supported the talents of so many excellent dancers, teachers and artistic directors through the years. It is a gift to the Ann Arbor community. The joy and love of dancing and the sharing of dance has always remained the focus."
Christine Golus, Dance Gallery teacher and supporter since 1984